How a compounding pharmacist helps you
Compounding offers patients many benefits.
Sometimes the commercially available solution to a health problem is not the best fit for an individual. For example, you may:
- experience difficulty taking or responding to commercially available medication
- be allergic or sensitive to preservatives and dyes
- have a hard time swallowing a pill, or react adversely to a medicine’s taste
- have had good results from a medicine which is no longer available.
Compounding offers you solutions!
We can –
- create medication for you to a specific strength or dosage form
- reformulate the medication leaving out any offending substances
- offer alternative delivery systems via liquids, lozenges, transdermal creams, or sprays
- prepare pleasant flavours, sweeten medications or mask bitter aftertastes
- recreate the commercially unavailable medication
- combine multiple medications into a single dosage
Compounding can assist the entire family including our pets.